Sometime during this past summer I lost my quilting mojo — which was unfortunate because I left the quilt back I was working on taped to the floor. 5 months later, I had to admit that the quilt was not going to be finished anytime soon . . . . during those 5 months, the masking tape had left a nice layer of residue on my beautiful hickory floor (note to self: use low residue painter’s tape next time). DH, noticing that I looked like I was about to start crying, spent the next hour helping me lift off the tape and clean up the residue. Ah, the wonders of Goo Gone!
Two days ago, I finally took out my trusty Singer and did some crafty sewing:
My beloved heating pad, after years of faithful service, was leaking flax seeds from fabric weakness. I figured the seeds were still usable, so I decided to make a new heating pad. I rehoused the seeds in the Rejuvenation bag, which came originally with a bunch of switch plates. For the outer cover, I foundation pieced fabric scraps to a piece of muslin (recycled from kitchen curtains), and used some leftover flannel from the chemo quilt I made for a friend for the “warm and fuzzy” side of the cover. Reuse, reuse, reuse: I feel so very virtuous 🙂